mar 02 de nov|
Integrating Grief and Joy - a fall retreat honoring Día de los Muertos
Join us for this years mini online retreat integrating grief and joy through the beautiful traditions of Day of the Dead and Be Witnessed.
Time & Location
02 nov 2021, 18:00 – 20:30 GMT-7
About The Event
On a day the veil between worlds is thin, we will integrate our mind, body, spirit, and love for who and what we’ve lost. Join us this Día de los Muertos to integrate grief and joy. During this 2.5 hour Be Witnessed zoom call we will connect in community, honor a brief history of this magical Mexican holiday and celebrate our loved ones who have passed.
The loss and change you’ve experienced through the last 18+ months of the pandemic in accumulation to personal traumatic experiences in your life may have you feeling overwhelmed and physically and emotionally taxed. It is time to give yourself the gift of integration.
How will we integrate grief and joy and honor Día de los Muertos?
- Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) – This section of the retreat will be led by OnixBloom cofounder Dhyana Garcia-Snyder. She will guide us through a brief history of this magical Mexican holiday and cultural tradition, creating the space for us to share about the loved ones and who and what we’ve lost this year.
- Be Witnessed – Through our Be Witnessed format, in addition to sharing about your loved ones who have passed, cofounder Erica Sciarretta will open the opportunity to reflect on the grief (Onix) and joy (Bloom) in your life. Grief and joy can mean many things, and you may choose to acknowledge a dream, a business, a relationship, a way of viewing the world, etc. that has been lost, evolved, or grown through these times.
- Altar creation and interaction – Upon registration, you will receive information on how to create a Día de los Muertos altar in advance of the call. This altar can be as simple as a photo, candle and some flowers or as elaborate as you wish. We will include instructions for different levels so you can choose what is best for you. We believe in the power of incorporating our senses, and your altar will provide a visual and sensory representation of who and what you’re honoring.
- Somatic movement – Our nervous systems have been through a lot, and when we share about grief and joy, we will also tune in to our body’s needs. Through simple and effective trauma informed somatic movements, you will integrate what is there and listen to your body’s wisdom.
Your mini online retreat includes:
- A detailed description on how to create your altar with levels to choose from. Learn the tools to make this an annual tradition in your life
- Reflection prompts to integrate before and after we gather
- 2.5 hour LIVE Be Witnessed Zoom retreat on November 2nd from 6:00 – 8:30pm PST with a brief history of the holiday, sharing, and somatic movement
- An invitation to carve retreat/integration time into your busy schedules with ideas on how to do so
- Bonus: Two pan de muerto recipes, (simple or Dhyana’s grandmother’s traditional recipe!) that you may choose to make for your altar
We look forward to celebrating and honoring with you!
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Integrating Grief and JoyUSD 44.00